- You're huge! Pregnancy makes women self-conscious enough as it is. I don't need to be reminded of how big my waistline has gotten.
- Are you sure there aren't twins in there? See number 1. I'm pretty sure if there were twins, it would have shown up on the ultrasound.
- Looks like you're ready to pop. Nope, still have two months to go, I'm going to get even bigger. Thanks.
- Was it a surprise? It is absolutely none of your business whether we were trying to conceive or it was the result of having one too many margaritas.
- You must be disappointed it's not a girl. Why on earth would I be disappointed exactly?
- You really shouldn't eat/drink/do that. Do not tell me what to do unless you're a medical professional.
- Is (s)he hear yet? Trust me, I'll let you know when she gets here. Until then, stop reminding me that I'm 7 days overdue.
- Can I touch your belly? NO. But at least you didn't reach out and touch me without asking.
- Are you... breastfeeding/getting an epidural/etc.? Again none of your business and keep your advice to yourself unless you're asked.
- I bet you're having a... The only person I need to tell me the sex of my baby is the ultrasound tech.
10 Things You Should Never Say to a Pregnant Woman
For some reason, pregnancy makes complete strangers think it's okay to make comments, give unsolicited advice and even touch a woman's belly. So, here are a few things to keep to yourself, no matter how strong your urge to say them.