1. Cook with it. Coconut oil can be used to replace other oils in your cooking. It has a great flavor and a number of health benefits including increasing metabolism, energy levels and digestion.
2. Moisturize. Coconut oil makes an excellent moisturizer for mamas or babies with eczema, dry skin or for every day use. It is also great as a deep conditioner for hair.
3. Massage. Infant massage is a great way to bond with your baby. It can also be a great way to bond with your partner and help to relieve sore muscles from pregnancy or parenting.
4. Diaper rash cream. Take a more natural approach to healing diaper rashes by coating baby's bum with coconut oil instead of store bought diaper rash creams.
5. Cradle Cap. Help remove the icky scales from cradle cap, by massaging some coconut oil into baby's scalp and allowing it to sit for a few minutes (or hours). Then gently massage the scales away with your fingertips or a soft bristle brush and then rinse baby's head clean.
6. Meconium removal. Meconium is a baby's first bowel movement. It is a sticky tar like substance that can be quite difficult to remove from baby's skin. Slather some coconut oil on baby's bum before the first poop to allow for easy removal of the meconium.
7. Lubricant. Coconut oil is a great natural lubricant whether you're having a romantic evening with your partner or taking a baby's temperature rectally.
8. Chap stick. Soothe cracked or dry lips by applying a little bit of coconut oil.
9. Stretch mark cream. While there's no proven way to prevent stretch marks, coconut oil can help soothe the itchiness brought on by the stretching of your skin.
10. Thrush Treatment. Thrush is a yeast infection that can occur in the baby's mouth and on your breast. Rub a little coconut oil on your nipples before and after feedings to help naturally fight the yeast.
11. Nipple Cream. Rub some on sore or cracked nipples, which many women experience in the first few weeks of breastfeeding.
12. Shaving cream. Coconut oil is a great, chemical free, naturally moisturizing shaving cream.
13. Bug bite relief. Dab a bit of coconut oil on bug bites to help soothe itchiness and prevent scratching.
14. Baby acne. Many babies get acne in the first few months of life, due to the excess hormones passed on from mom. Put a little bit of coconut oil on the bumps to help clear it up.