1. Daycare pickup/drop off - If your child is in daycare or school, you can meet new moms at drop off and pickup times. These moms have kids near your own kids in age and are local to you. As an added bonus, once you become besties, you can trade off carpooling.
2. Playground - The playground is a great place for your child to get some socialization and some exercise, but it's also a great place to meet new moms. So introduce yourself to the mom pushing the swing next to you.
3. Children's Museums - Children's museums are great places for kids to learn and play, as well as a great place to meet new friends. Bonus points if they have a membership and can get guests in for free!
4. Mall - Many a mom can be found at the mall, especially at the mall play areas, letting their child burn off some steam in order to hopefully make nap or bedtime less of a hell. It's a great place to make new friends and bond over Starbucks and shopping sprees.
5. Mom Groups - There are a number of mom groups, typically organized by kid's ages, where moms can get together, get to know each other and support each other. Check your area for groups like MOMS or MOPS and put yourself out there!
6. Online - In today's age of technology, it's no surprise that the internet is a great place for meeting other moms. The great part is, you don't even have to put on pants! There are many websites, forums, chat rooms and the like where you can meet other moms with kids of the same age or by similar interests. As will all things internet related, be careful to protect your personal information.
8. Places of Worship - Finding mom friends of the same faith is a great idea, because you can strengthen each other spiritually as well as emotionally.
9. Parent and Baby Classes - Check your local area for classes like parent and baby yoga, swimming, gymnastics, or music. Have fun with your little one while they learn something new and make new friends with similar interests in the process.
10. Libraries - Libraries often have programs for kids of all ages, such as arts and crafts, story time, movies, themed parties and more. Attending these programs can help your little one learn, grow and socialize and will give you the opportunity to meet other local moms.